Everything you need to know about child and adolescent Psychiatry
Mental health is important to improve the child’s overall well-being. Being a parent it becomes important for them to ensure their child’s mental state is in the right order. They must get an environment that makes them feel strong. Make sure that their self-confidence and esteem is improved. Consulting the psychiatrist in Ludhiana will improve their mental and physical state to a great extent. Moreover, the parent will know better how to understand the child’s behaviour, and if they notice a major change they can take them for the consultation.
Child psychology helps to assess the condition better
With child development psychology, the child’s conscious and subconscious are determined in a better manner. The doctor will assess the psychiatry and they will get the best mental health treatments. Some of the few symptoms which can make us understand better when the child is struggling in their daily life.
Anxiety is a response to many things and you can say it responds to stress. No doubt, it is okay to feel anxiety once in a while but if the problem stays for a long time, then it means your child needs to get help as early as possible. Some of the types of anxiety are:
- General anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Separation anxiety
- Illness anxiety
ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
In some cases, the children have the issue of ADHD, which means they are not able to focus on a specific task or they are not able to sit for a long time. Some of the symptoms of ADHD are:
- Get easily distracted
- Not able to concentrate
- Not allowing others to talk
- Always interrupting in between others conversation
- Not able to organize or schedule the things
ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder)
The child acts defiant, especially in front of the people whom they are close to like parents. Some of its symptoms are:
- Always in keen to take revenge
- Speaking harshly
- Do not want to focus on rules
- Not doing things as adults have requested.
ASD (Autism spectrum disorder)
With ASD the normal state of the brain is impacted. This disorder is likely to affect social skills, behavior, non-verbal communication, and cognition. Some of the symptoms are:
- Problem is hearing
- Highly sensitive to touch, taste, smell, light, color, and sound.
- Problem understanding the directions or instruction
- Not able to form the right sentences while talking
How do child and adolescent psychiatry subspecialties are helpful?
- To address the mood, personality issues, anxiety, separation anxiety, disruptive behavior, and emotional issues, abnormal child psychology can be helpful.
- For the adolescent between the age of 12 to 18, who are having anxiety, depression, eating issues, and antisocial behavior can be benefited through adolescent psychology.
What all is included in the child psychology consultation?
- Behavior modification
- Conducting health through psychological tests
- Evaluating and treating learning & development issues
- Talking to the health care team to find the correct approach