What are the causes and treatment plans for PTSD?
Many people are not able to sleep properly during night times; the main reason for it is post-traumatic stress disorder. Post-traumatic stress disorder is a mental health condition that is triggered by a terrifying event. People are either experiencing it or witnessing it. You may experience some different symptoms like flashbacks, nightmares and anxiety.
What is the definition of PTSD?
PTSD stands for Post-traumatic stress disorder. It is a mental health condition that is triggered by the terrifying event and experience of witnessing it. In this condition, you are suffering from uncontrollable thoughts that are linked to your past. Many people are suffering from PTSD, for the treatment, contact with the best Psychiatrist in Punjab.
Cause of post-traumatic stress disorder
There are several factors that are responsible for the PTSD.
- Combat exposure: Some people experience or witness combat situations such as war or fight that is life threatening. Such events are responsible for PTSD.
- Physical Assaults: Survivors of physical assault, whether there is any domestic violence or other forms of aggression, can experience Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Sexual Assaults: Victims of sexual assaults suffer from PTSD because of the severe emotional and physical trauma associated with the experience.
- Accidents and natural disasters: Individuals who survived accidents and natural disasters can develop PTSD, as the events are often sudden, uncontrollable and life-threatening.
- Childhood trauma: People are also suffering from trauma since childhood, such as abuse, neglect and witnessing violence. These are also responsible for the development of Post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Trauma of medical condition: Many people are suffering from different medical conditions and face life-threatening illnesses that result in the development of PTSD.
Treatment of post-traumatic syndrome
There are different types of treatment for post-traumatic syndrome.
- Psychotherapy: It is a type of counseling. In this type of treatment, you will have cognitive behavioral therapy. It mostly focuses on the changing negative thoughts that cause trauma. Another type of therapy, known as exposure therapy, is useful for controlling traumatic memories. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy involves guided eye movements while recalling traumatic memories to help process and reduce the emotional impact.
- Medication: Antidepressants are selective medicines that are commonly prescribed by doctors to alleviate the symptoms of depression. For anxiety, doctors suggest some anti-anxiety medicines. Doctors prescribed the medicines for a short term.
- Group therapy: Due to depression, people do not prefer to participate in the talks and any group activity. For the treatment of PTSD, doctors suggest group therapies. This this, people with similar traumatic experiences share their stories with each other.
- Mindfulness and Relaxation Techniques: Practices such as meditation, deep breathing exercises, and yoga can help individuals manage stress, anxiety, and intrusive thoughts.
- Supportive Networks: Building and maintaining strong social connections with friends, family, or support groups can be crucial for individuals with PTSD. Feeling understood and supported is essential in the recovery process.
- Self-Care and Lifestyle Changes: Encouraging a healthy lifestyle, including regular
exercise, proper nutrition, and sufficient sleep, can positively impact mental well-being.
Tips to combat mental issues.
There are several people who are suffering from different mental issues, like depression, stress and anxiety. Depression and PTSD is a condition with which most people are suffering.
Never give up: No matter how worse a life situation is, never give up. You never know that there will be happiness waiting for you just at the next step. So, never keep trying and never stop walking. Keep working towards a bright and better future.
Do not Lose Hope: Life will take unknown twists and turns. The road in life is never smooth and straight. So you are bound to fall many times. When this happens, try to clean your wounds, let the emotional bruises heal, and never lose hope. Always try to give your life a second chance. Patients always prefer to live in a positive environment.
Talk to your loved ones: Sadness halves when we share it with someone, and happiness doubles when we share it with someone. When you feel depressed, helpless and hopeless, always try to reach out to your friends or loved ones.
Due to PTSD, people become unable to sleep properly during the night times. Also, sometimes you feel hopeless but with some guts and help, the patient can fight depression and come out of it and live their life happily. The Manas Hospital is known for providing the best Depression treatment in Ludhiana.