What is mental health?
Nowadays, people are suffering from different health-related issues, including mental issues; there are several reasons that are responsible for mental problems. It is really important to maintain your mental health.
What is the definition of mental health?
Mental health is all about how people think, feel, and behave. Mental health specialists can help people with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, addiction, and other conditions that affect their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. The Issues related to your Mental health can affect daily living, relationships, and physical health. There are different treatment plans, people with mental disorders can get better treatment from the best psychiatrist in Ludhiana.
What are the uncommon mental issues?
Stendhal Syndrome. Stendhal Syndrome is also not listed in DSM 5 as a mental health condition. However, it is considered one of the most peculiar conditions among other mental disorders. It is characterized by feeling anxious and confused after being exposed to a large amount of artwork.
Some rare mental health issues.
- Multiple Personality Disorder or Dissociative Identity Disorder: DID is defined by DSM 5 as a person having more than two distinct identities. Each has its way of perceiving the environment and self. Their persona controls their identity at different times. These personalities are so distinct that they even have their names, acts, history, fashion styles, and preferences.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder sits under cluster-C of Personality Disorders by DSM 5. It is defined as a consistent chase for perfectionism, orderliness, and a need for pervasive interpersonal and mental control.
- Histrionic Personality Disorder: HPD is found in the Personality Disorder Category of the DSM 5 list of diagnoses. Patients with this personality disorder usually present dramatic and erratic behavior to gain attention. These people are self-centered and pay too much attention to their physical appearance. Their mental image of themselves is distorted. They earn their self-esteem from the approval of others.
- Alien Hand Syndrome: This mental disorder does not hold a spot in the DSM 5. It is another rare disorder where the patient’s hand acts differently and out of their control. It’s as if their hand has a mind of its own. Alien hand syndrome is characterized by purposeful but involuntary movement of the hands. Some patients claim that their hands will try to drown or stab them.
- Capgras Syndrome: Capgras’ delusion cannot be directly dealt with in DSM 5 but falls under the delusional disorder. Patients experience an irrational fear that an imposter will replace someone they know. They have this unshakeable delusion that the person they used to know becomes suddenly unfamiliar.
- Apotemnophilia: Apotemnophilia al, also known as body integrity identity disorder, is not included in the DSM 5 but can be found in ICD-11. It is another neurological disorder where the patient has an overwhelming desire to cut away a healthy body part surgically.
- Stendhal Syndrome: Stendhal Syndrome is also not listed in DSM 5 as a mental health condition. However, it is considered one of the most peculiar conditions among other mental disorders. It is characterized by feeling anxious and confused after being exposed to a large amount of artwork.
Mental health issues are prevalent in this era because of different reasons. The best psychologist in Ludhiana offers you other treatment plans and satisfying results for mental problems. Contact the Manas hospital for proper treatment.