Which are the most common signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder?
Are you looking for the answer to a question: How do I know if I have bipolar disorder?
No doubt, finding the answer can seem a bit overwhelming. Finding the necessary solution if you suspect someone in your family or you have bipolar disorder is essential. The blog will mention the most common signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder. If you notice any of them, consult one of the best Psychiatrists in Ludhiana to seek the most effective care, and that too on time.
Most common signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder
Let me start by saying that getting Bipolar Disorder treatment in Punjab does not depend upon whether you are experiencing extreme levels of mood swings. Several misconceptions revolve around bipolar disorder.
The problem is mental health issues that lead to low periods, high periods of mania, and depressed mood. Well! The important part is that you can get help to manage the condition and return to a normal regime.
Bipolar symptoms are more than mood change
The initial symptoms of BD include depression and mania, which means the issue is not just about a mood change. And this condition can last for seven days or more. Be it type 1 or type 2; the problem does lead to a change in mood, energy, and behavior. Let me categorize the symptoms that occur with manic and depressive states.
Most common symptoms of a manic episode
The manic episode with BD can have around three or more symptoms that include:
- The feeling of restless and impulsivity
- Insomnia or the feeling that you can’t sleep
- Uncontrollable racing thoughts
- Not able to make the right decision
- Risk-taking behavior
- Grandiose thinking (unrealistic sense of superiority, thinking yourself unique & better than others)
- Risk-taking behavior
- Being distracted or not able to focus
Do you notice your thoughts are directing you towards making wrong decisions like drinking or using illicit drugs? Visit our deaddiction centre in Punjab to not let this habit affect your well-being at any cost.
With major depressive episodes, you can notice at least five or more symptoms that are mentioned below:
- Low energy
- Withdrawal from friends/family
- Lack of interest in former hobbies
- Having suicidal thoughts
- Thoughts about hurting yourself
- Low or no appetite
- Noticeable weight loss or weight gain
- Crying episodes
- Feeling overly guilty
- Feeling worthless
Noticing the given signs and symptoms can trigger unwanted stress and anxiety. You must get hold of the leading healthcare provider to better manage everything. Make sure to not overlook anything as time can worsen the situation, and it won’t be easy to manage.
How do I find out if I have symptoms of bipolar disorder?
You should ensure your mental health condition is manageable. On-time diagnosis of your situation makes managing your overall mental health easily. Here are a few important questions that you should ask yourself to check if you have bipolar disorder or not:
- Do you notice mania or depression symptoms?
- Do you see psychosis episodes that are linked to other health issues?
- Do the symptoms of depression and mania affect your life daily?
- Do you have mania or depression symptoms in a cycle?