Signs and Symptoms of Alcoholism
Drinking problems can result in different signs and symptoms. Alcoholism is the term used for the person with alcohol use disorder. This is a progressive disease which means the effect of drinking alcohol becoming severe with time. In this guide, we have mentioned the signs and symptoms of alcoholism.
Early Signs of Alcoholism
The early signs of alcoholism include frequent intoxication which means drinking in dangerous situations like driving. Additional signs include a drastic change in the behavior while drinking like getting angry or violent, or black-out while drinking.
Progressive symptoms occur when you continue to drink for a long time and it results in recurrent issues. This can result in problems like you miss work, stay away from responsibilities, drink, and drive, or get in trouble because you do not abide by the rules.
If someone on your own or you are facing the issue of alcohol addiction then you should visit our de-addiction centre and get the best treatment plan.
What are the symptoms of alcohol addiction?
- You drink alcohol for a long time or in larger amounts than needed.
- You are trying to cut down the alcohol intake but all your efforts are going in vain.
- You spend a lot of time drinking, using it and then recovering from its effects.
- Your drinking habit is failing to meet all your obligations at work, school, or at home.
- Your addiction is affecting your relationship or your life socially, but still, you drink alcohol.
- You are not able to take part in any type of activity because of alcohol use.
- You use alcohol in situations that can make everything go wrong like driving, performing surgery, or operating machinery.
- You face alcohol intolerance which means you need more alcohol then needed or when you drink the same amount of alcohol you have a diminished effect.
- To prevent withdrawal symptoms you use alcohol.
What if the symptoms are mild, moderate or severe?
- The person who has 2 to 3 symptoms, is diagnosed with the mild disorder.
- The person with 4 to 5 symptoms will have a moderate disorder to use alcohol.
- The person with 6 or more symptoms will have a severe disorder of alcohol use.
What are the physical signs of alcohol addiction?
- Weight loss due to improper diet or just focused on drinking.
- The alcohol consumption can result in dehydrating effects on the skin, nails and make the hair brittle.
- Early signs of aging and wrinkles.
- Liver damage which results in yellow skin and eyes.
- Poor hygiene
- Breath smells of alcohol due to heavy drinking.
- Broken capillaries of the nose and face.
Alcoholism is a treatable condition. Follow the right kind of treatment plan and get the support from the best doctor as they can help you save your life.