What do you need to do when you are sad and you don’t even know the reason?
How do we not know the reason for depression?
There are several reasons for depression, and you might not know them. At times, a person is in denial about the depression symptoms or ignoring the depression symptoms for a long time. If you have a feeling of depression or someone in your known is facing a problem then you should visit the best psychiatrist in Ludhiana. The following are some of the reasons you do not realize you are depressed.
- Depressed for a long time
If you have been depressed for a long time and you feel normal about it. This situation is especially for those people who are depressed since childhood.
- No feeling of sadness
A person does not feel sad, and you don’t even think it is because of depression. You may have low energy, feeling tired all the time, or do not enjoy any type of activity.
- Symptoms develop gradually
Depression symptoms can develop gradually over an extended time. When the changes are subtle, you may not be able to recognize the situation is not the same as it used to be.
- Stigma around mental health
Still, people believe that depression is a bad thing. It makes it difficult for people to acknowledge and recognize depression. If those around you treat depression as something that is not right, then you might feel asking people for help is a sign of weakness.
What are Depression Symptoms?
Some of the symptoms of depression are mentioned below:
- Anger and irritability
- Anxiety and agitation
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, or excessive guilt
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Mysterious aches and pains with no discernible cause
- Feelings of sadness or emptiness
- Problems with thinking, memory, concentration, and decision making
- Thoughts of death and suicide
- Sleep problems such as insomnia or sleeping too much
- Slowed thought, speech, or physical movement
- Loss of interest in activities usually enjoyed
How depression is Diagnosed?
If you suspect that you may have depression or if you do not feel right, then it is important to consult a doctor about your feeling. The doctor can check for the possible symptoms which are creating issues and this makes it easier to get proper medical care. During the doctor’s visit, you may need to get blood tests to check the depression symptoms.
What are the treatment options for depression?
Once the depression has been diagnosed, the doctor may prescribe you medications. There are various types of antidepressants which are for treating depression, and this includes the following:
- Selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Atypical antidepressants
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Your doctor will prescribe you the medication according to your condition and make sure you take them on time.
Your psychiatrist might suggest talk therapy to improve your mental health condition. It can prove helpful for the patient to deal with depression. Individual therapy for cognitive-behavioral can provide a supportive environment for depression patients.