What steps to take if your partner’s sexual satisfaction is decreasing?
As per the number of research being done, it has shown that sexual satisfaction is an imperative part to maintain a healthy relationship. Different factors are there which affect the couple’s sex life and their sexual desire in the course of the relationship. The problem can also impact mental health. In case, it has reached this stage or you are scared that it can, then make sure to seek assistance from the sexologist in Ludhiana. If your partner’s sex drive is lost suddenly then your relationship is likely to experience dry spells.
The problem is likely to happen due to the following factors:
- The short-term issue which triggers stress
- Your partner is distracted by something
- Stressful schedule (Deadline to complete the work or end-year exams)
- Excessive stress will create problems as they get exhausted and uninterested.
Impact on overall health
Although the dry spells are common and they will resolve on their own. The prolonged disinterest in sexual desire will greatly impact your relationship and even the overall health. The problem will increase the feeling of self-doubt and increase the feeling of frustration
There is no certain time that tells that the dry spell is too long. It depends on the couple’s age, how long they have been together, & their usual pattern of sex. Nevertheless, both partners must be willing to engage in honest communication. No matter what is the situation or causing distress, never assume anything.
What are the causes?
- Decreased sex drive increases with age
- People start assuming their partner is having an affair or lost interest in them.
- Low libido (Loss of sexual desire). It is caused due to depression, stress, chronic illness, medications, hormonal imbalance, low self-esteem, and genital pain.
- Hypoactive sexual desire (absence of sexual fantasies). Its prevalence is more common in women of age 18 to 44 (around 8.9%) and age 45 to 64 (around 12.3%)
- Sexual dysfunction
What are the solutions?
What if the partner does not know what is causing the issue?
Your partner acknowledges the existence of the issue but does not know what is causing the issue. Make sure to schedule an appointment with the family doctor. Make sure to get their medical condition diagnosed to know about the detailed cause.
What if the partner is not discussing the issue?
Well! You should not judge and it is better to take charge. In this case, it is important that on your partner’s behalf you take ownership. You should let the issue come to light and take it as the opportunity to make it strong.
What if the partner can tell the issue?
You should work as a team and find the best solution. Focus on understanding what change is needed through medical assistance. If therapy is the preferable choice, then make sure to get it.
Consulting with the psychologist will help to manage the stress and you will be able to come out of the depressed phase. Just take your time and work with your doctor to know what should be done.